Our health and well-being is so vitally important to every aspect of our life. Family, work, relationships, our ability to manage stress, our ability to see the fun aspect of life and our ability to be resilient are all challenged by our health and approach to our well being.
There is a growing trend in the focus on mental health and well-being. Often the triggers that challenge our mental health can come in the form of bereavement, dealing with a difficult situation or person in our life, abuse and even in the wonderful gift of having a baby or the challenges of being diagnosed with a life changing condition and often it is the challenge of getting out of bed in the morning.
Over many years, here at Pain Relief Therapy we have met and treated a large variety of individuals.
We want to give you some tools that you can adopt to support your mental health and well -being:
- Always be kind to yourself.
- Never think you are on your own.
- Acknowledge five achievements you have had each day, before going to sleep.
- Talk to a friend or someone you trust.
- Going for a walk can be a good way to get time.
- Go into nature being aware of your surroundings e.g. bird song, animal, trees, flowers etc.
- Drink water.
- Eat healthy.
- Give yourself a treat every now and again.
- A massage or a body treatment (i) will lift you mood (ii) distress your body (iii) help you sleep better (iv) may help with clarification of problems.